Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Trump's 2018 Budget: Harsh, Mean, Ugly, Nasty, Awful, Hurtful, and Darn Evil

Former Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-SC): Current OMB Grim Reaper

First this note about the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) now run by Former SC Rep. Mick Mulvaney – see more of his astonishing budget remarks below:
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is the largest office within the Executive Office of the President. Its most-prominent function is to produce the President's Budget. It also measures the quality of agency programs, policies, and procedures to see if they comply with the president's policies and coordinates inter-agency policy initiatives. The director reports directly to the President, Vice President, and the White House Chief of Staff – In short: Mulvaney is a total lackey and water-carrier for Trump by any other name.

The standard and revealing GOP “conservative” ideological argument is emerging to help them justify their absolutely brutal cuts to social programs that the Trump budget now includes. 
To put it in simple lingo what Mulvaney says (see more below): “Americans, come in two types: (1) the deserving and the (2) undeserving, or more apt (1) the taxpayers, and (2) the moochers.”
(I Note: Wow, only two kinds of Americans um? – that’s news to me – how about you.)?
“You don’t have to worry about the way we’re eviscerating so many programs, because we’re only going after those people (the undeserving and moochers.) It’s based on a fundamental lie: that there are taxpayers and then there are people who use social programs, and the two are not only not the same people, the groups don’t even overlap.” That is more about how OMB Director Mulvaney describes this budget. More in his own words here:
If I had sort of a subtitle for this budget, it would be the Taxpayer First Budget. This is I think the first time in a long time that an administration has written a budget through the eyes of the people who are actually paying the taxes. So often in Washington I think we look only on the recipient side: How does the budget affect those who either receive or don’t receive benefits?…Can I ask somebody, a family in Grand Rapids, Michigan, to pay tax money to the government so that I can do X?”

The whole point here is to set “taxpayers” against the supposedly undeserving whose scams and schemes can be stopped with only indiscriminate cuts to social programs. Every question Mulvaney gets about a specific cuts, like to Social Security disability, food stamps (SNAP), or Medicaid, he says in part the same thing.
The only people who would suffer are those who don’t deserve to get benefits in the first place,” adding: “We are not kicking anybody off of any program who really needs it.”  
Two words for you Mr. Mulvaney, please listen carefully: Büll and Shït…!!!
(I Further Note: I never have thought it was the role of government to see or have or make any American “suffer” – did you)?
FYI: I am very reluctant to use the word “hate” towards any person… but in Mick Mulvaney’s case, I will make an exception and say simply: “I hate his frickin’ guts.” Actually I think Mulvaney is rather dumb (seems to be a trait for most Trump appointees), so I honor him with this reminder: Mr. Mulvaney, listen up:

Whew, there, I feel better already… now please continue the rest of this fine story here from the Washington Post – an excellent article. I need to cool off.
The problem with my emotion is simple: I grew up pretty poor but never knew that poor meant until years later and now more so as I see who thrive on keeping the poor, or if you like, the most-needy.
That is those down and out for the sake of more upper crust tax goodies and political gain for the GOP. All this causes me great concern and it should everyone else – and, also tell me, Mr. Mulvaney and Mr. Trump: Are there no poor or needy Republicans in America?
Thanks for stopping by. And, please tell your Sen. and Rep. what you think about this budget. I’m sure 140 characters will fit nicely in a message to them…

No comments: