Add Orlando to the List
(Now Ranks #1 in the Country)
Gun Sales Soar Again (As usual)
(see link below)
Typical Gun Store in America
(looks like military armory)
Rather long post - please bear with me, but I need to get this out ... enjoy. First a reminder of the topic: Terrorism (or whatever label on chooses to further define).
INTRODUCTION: A wide variety of guns and ammunition and high-capacity magazines and in some cases body armor – all bought legally and in the hands of honest law-abiding citizens exercising their 2nd Amendment rights with no police records. That part is good – we hear it all the time. Fine, dandy, great even. Just honest people who are not criminals owning several handguns and several AR-15’s who are just good old boys living the American dream of self-defense ... that is until they pull the trigger and take a life or many lives needlessly and not in self-defense or to protect their family and property as advertised.
I don’t mean just an immigrant who is now a citizen, are a Muslim-American, or someone with a Middle Eastern name, either. I also include various types of domestic terrorists who are white, with Christian names, strong Christian beliefs and who believe in God, the Bible and only a few select rights they support who out of some twisted way pull the trigger of a legal gun, or ignite a bomb and take lives while expressing their 2nd Amendment right while taking away others rights to life and liberty.
Afterwards as the record shows: GUN SALES SOAR – see the article below:
Kill in the Name of God or Christ and Christianity or for Whites Only:
BACKGROUND: From Fox News to the Weekly Standard, neoconservatives and family values rightwing advocates have tried to paint terrorism as a largely or exclusively Islamic phenomenon. Their message of Islamophobia has been repeated many times since the George W. Bush era and that is: “Islam is inherently violent, Christianity is inherently peaceful, and there is no such thing as a Christian terrorist or a white male terrorists.”
KKK: America’s earliest home-grown white nationalist militia rooted their pro-segregation philosophy and anti-black and anti-Jew violence in the belief that they were enforcing God’s law on behalf of the chosen people, the white race.
To this day, Klansmen and women will cheerfully assure you that they are good, law-abiding Christians who are acting out of defense of what they see as a beleaguered white population.
They profess: “We don’t hate people because of their race, I mean, we’re a Christian organization. We want to stay white. It’s not a hateful thing to want to maintain white supremacy,” said Klan Chief Frank Ancona in 2014
Eight infamous examples:
1. Dylann Storm Roof, used .45-caliber pistol, a birthday gift from his father for his 21st birthday in April 2015, opened fire at a prayer meeting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, SC killing 9, while shouting: “You rape our women, and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.”
2. The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009. Dr. George Tiller, who was shot and killed by anti-abortion terrorist Scott Roeder.
3. TVA Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008. Christian Right sympathizer Jim David Adkisson walked into the Church in Knoxville, TN and began shooting people at random. Two were killed and seven injured but survived. Adkisson said he hatred liberals, Democrats and gays.
4. Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994 murdered by Army of God follower Paul Jennings Hill (later executed by lethal injection) for that murder and of his bodyguard James Barrett.
5. BOMBING: The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996 by Eric Rudolph. One of a long list of terrorist attacks committed in the name of Christianity that killed Alice Hawthorne and wounded 111 others. Rudolph also had bombed an abortion clinic in Birmingham in 1998 that killed Robert Sanderson (a Birmingham police officer and part-time security guard) and Nurse Emily Lyons lost an eye.
6. The murder of Barnett Slepian by James Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998. James Charles Kopp is a radical Christian terrorist, exalted as a hero by the Army of God, fired a single shot that killed the Amherst, NY abortion Doctor.
7. BOMBING: Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nicholas bombed the Oklahoma City Federal Building on April 19, 1995. That bombing destroyed one-third of the Murrah Federal building killing 168 (including many children in the day care center) and injured more than 680 others.
8. VaTech, Korean-American, Cho, Seung-Hi, on April 16, 2007, shot and killed 32 and wounded 17 others. (Note: That ranks second by a single gunman in U.S. history, now surpassed by the Orlando Gay Nightclub Shooting which is now the deadliest in American history by a single gunman worldwide).
Gun Sales Rise Again After Orlando:
The largest month of growth for firearm background checks was January 2013, which saw an increase of more than 90%. This demand and surge was prompted initially by the re-election of President Obama, who had made tighter gun control legislation a part of his platform during the 2012 campaign and in the aftermath of the July 2012 shooting in Aurora, CO. The Newtown, CT elementary school tragedy a month after the November 2012 election further prompted an effort to ban assault rifles and high-capacity magazine pistols.
Those events caused a flood into stores, but no ban materialized given lack of support in Congress (Note: Thanks to the NRA and their GOP pals in Congress with fat contribution checks for reelection).
Then when it seemed demand trickled off a bit, a handful of high-profile tragedies (beginning with the tragedy in Charleston, SC – Dylan Roof – a white young man against African-Americans in Church) hit the news in fairly quick succession, sparking a renewed interest by many to enact new gun regulations. The industry saw double-digit growth last summer.
Data suggests, contrary to common sense, that Democratic presidents have been very good to the gun industry, at least in the short run. The drive? The NRA has seized on regulatory comments that prey on gun advocates’ fear of governmental confiscation of guns. Yet, still, the likelihood of any actual gun legislation is exceedingly low.
It’s important to note that firearms used in this weekend's massacre were not obtained illegally. According to the BATF, Omar Mateen (in the Orlando shooting) legally purchased the guns he used — a .223 caliber semi-automatic AR-15 type assault rifle and a Glock handgun — both within a week before the shooting, even though he had been investigated by the FBI several times. (Note: Keep in mind that Mateen was born in NY and a natural born U.S. citizen – just exercising his 2nd Amendment right as he took away the rights of nearly a 100 people).
The Federal Assault Weapons Ban, written by then-Senator and now VP Joe Biden, was signed into law in 1994 in the early days of Bill Clinton’s Administration. The law barred the manufacture of 19 specific semi-automatic guns classified as assault weapons as well as any semi-automatic gun that accepts a detachable magazine and also possesses two or more features consistent with such weapons.
The Congress, once again GOP-run and NRA backed, let the law expire in 2004 under President George W. Bush’s administration, which is why Americans are able to purchase rifles like the AR-15 Mateen used in Orlando.
The textbook definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get different results, not the same results (not like a science experiment) but in these mass killing cases, allowing the same thing to happen again and again and each time getting worse it seems and ever getting new or improved results.
In short, that cat is not only out of the bag, but long, long gone – never to be bagged again. Too many guns and growing to stop this insanity.
A final note – some 23 toddlers it has been reported managed to shoot someone with a gun – that of a parent or sibling. You figure that one out – I can’t.