A Silly Question, right Senator Cruz
(Working for More Profits to Move Off-shore)
Working for Working Americans
All that RED and Corporate "Green"
Latest from Cruz on this topic: He said in essence during a radio interview that he supports national “right-to-work” legislation, which is a type of anti-labor law that WI passed last year in an effort to cripple the state’s unions, as well as a lot of RED states.
Cruz, who is currently leading in the Wisconsin polls, said in an interview on WTMJ radio in Milwaukee that such right-to-work laws are a “fundamental right,” according to the Associated Press. Right-to-work laws are designed to severely weaken unions by forcing them to provide services without payment from workers.
He also said during the interview that supporting a right-to-work law will show that government “sides with the working men and women of this country.” He added that Wisconsin’s law restricting unions “is exactly what we need to do in Washington.”
“Ted” Cruz is the new “Tail Gunner” Joe McCarthy – scare the crap out of people and hope for good results.
Related: Union’s bottom line is to help hard working Americans. Giant Corporation’s bottom line is more greed and billions in profits sitting off-shore with more on the way.
So, here is a reminder of the things Unions have worked hard for decades to make things better for all Americans:
- Weekends without work breaks at work including lunch
- Paid vacation
- Family & Medical Leave Act
- Sick leave
- Social Security
- Minimum wage
- Title 7: employer discrimination
- 8-hour work day
- Overtime pay
- Child labor laws
- Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- 40-hour work week
- Workers compensation
- Unemployment insurance
- Workplace safety standards
- Employer health care insurance
- Collective bargaining
- Wrongful termination laws
- Anti-Age Discrimination 1967
- Whistleblower protection laws
- Employee Polygraph Protection
- Veteran's Employment and Training
- Compensation & Raise Evaluation
- Sexual harassment laws
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Holiday pay
- Employer provided-insurance
- Privacy rights
- Pregnancy and parental leave
- Military leave (job protection)
- The right to strike
- Public education for children
- Equal Pay Act: 1963 & 2011
- Ending sweatshops/Child labor
We don't need Cruz's type of help. A fact. We should pass on him, too.