Saturday, February 14, 2015

Does the Public Want a History Slouch, Issue Ducker, Reality Avoider

[​IMG]
I Offer  John Ellis Bush (Jeb)
(Won't discuss history if a Bush is involved)

This is a very interesting piece on Mr. Jeb Bush from here with this headline:

On Iraq and Afghanistan Wars: "I Won't Talk About the Past"


So, I wonder would this Mr. Bush be willing to talk about any mistakes or successes in WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, or elsewhere outside of Iraq and Afghanistan? Like any CinC should be prepared to discuss things like (1) how to avoid war, or once engaged (2) how to win effectively?

I seriously wonder.

Of course we should always be focused on the future – everyone knows that, but at the same time, we must never forget the past and work hard to avoid at all costly mistakes of the past. Jeb Bush appears to want to write the past off as if it never existed with these kinds of comments:

He says he isn’t interested in talking about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, especially as it relates to his brother, former President George W. Bush, saying specifically: “I won't talk about the past. I'll talk about the future. If I'm in the process of considering the possibility of running, it's not about re-litigating anything in the past. It's about trying to create a set of ideas and principles that will help us move forward.” Those comments are pretty weak.

He further said that if he decides to run for president in 2016, his campaign would focus on a positive vision of the future rather than focus on the past.

What I see about him with those comments is a man who does not come across as very bright or engaging or knowledgeable – all traits any president must possess in order to lead effectively. In fact if this were the way he would govern when faced with tough question about the past actions of the U.S. (both good and bad), then I foresee serious problems. 

I suggest his “Team” adopt this campaign flyer; it seems to fit him perfectly:

“Jeb vs. History and the Public” 
[​IMG]

No comments: